Goals & Objectives—2019-2020
Goal #1—Academic Accountability
All students will receive increased quality and/or quantity of education of CCSS in ELA and Math.
- 100% highly qualified teachers: Provide Induction for new teachers.
- Provide professional development in the implementation of CCSS in ELA, Math, and ELD with a focus on engagement strategies.
- AVID (All grades)
- Orton-Gillingham (TK-2nd, SPED, Intervention)
- Math/ ELA collaboration with Consultant Tom Hierk
- i-Ready Math assessments/intervention
- Science training
- CAASPP scores
- District benchmarks (Writing, i-Ready Math, Reading Inventory, OG, BPST/Results, Interim Blocks)
- WIN time intervention/enrichment,
- Math intervention classes (4th-8th)
- After school intervention/tutoring
- Mastery grading
To ensure that all stake holders are informed as it relates to academics, attendance, and student events.
- Maintain the District/School website with up to date information.
- Provide families with weekly information.
- Communicate expected student behavior and follow through with expectations. Maintain high expectations for all.
- Implement 6th grade student/parent orientation
- Implement student led parent/teacher conferences (6th-8th grade)
- ABC Program
- Social Media (6th-8th grade)
- Student academic achievement
- CCSS, attendance, safety, & technology
- Parenting strategies and homework support
Goal # 3—Technology
To ensure that students will have access to technology to support college and career readiness as determined by the CCSS.
- Provide computer access to all students.
- Student education on the use of technology and the internet.
To maintain a safe, clean, orderly campus.
- Maintain a drug free, safe campus.
- Provide appropriate levels of supervision on playground and lunch area.
- Maintain grounds and facility to reflect high standards.
- Provide staff online safety training to ensure zero accidents for staff.
- Establish a list of priorities for future improvements:
- PE Storage facility
- Field and campus landscaping
- Water Issue-well
- Cement ramps on portables
- Replace shade covering in lunch area
- Repaint outside of buildings
- Asphalt bus area and staff parking lot
- Contribute to deferred maintenance for campus and classroom improvements.
To ensure fiscal solvency.
- To provide a balanced budget.
- To educate all stakeholders in Local Control Funding Formula and LCAP.
- To maintain District Reserves—minimum of 17%.