Goals & Objectives—2020-2021
Goal #1—Academic Accountability
All students will receive increased quality and/or quantity of education of CCSS in ELA and Math.
- 100% highly qualified teachers: Provide Induction for new teachers.
- Provide professional development in the implementation of CCSS in ELA, Math, and ELD with a focus on engagement strategies.
- AVID (All grades)
- Orton-Gillingham (TK-2nd, SPED, Intervention)
- Math/ ELA collaboration with Consultant Tom Hierk
- i-Ready Math assessments/intervention
- Science training
- CAASPP scores
- District benchmarks (Writing, i-Ready Math, Reading Inventory, OG, BPST/Results, Interim Blocks)
- WIN time intervention/enrichment,
- Math intervention classes (4th-8th)
- After school intervention/tutoring
- Mastery grading
To ensure that all stake holders are informed as it relates to academics, attendance, and student events.
- Maintain the District/School website with up to date information and Grade level Google Sites.
- Provide families with weekly information.
- Communicate expected student behavior and follow through with expectations. Maintain high expectations for all.
- Implement 6th grade student/parent orientation. (when on campus learning returns)
- Implement student led parent/teacher conferences (6th-8th grade)
- Communicate and implement Anti Bullying program:
- ABC Program
- Common Sense lessons at all grade levels
- Parent education and communication through School Site Council, English Language Advisory Committee, Parent Migrant Committee, and Parent meetings with Spanish Translation:
- Student academic achievement
- CCSS, attendance, safety, & technology
- Parenting strategies and homework support
Goal # 3—Technology
To ensure that students will have access to technology to support college and career readiness as determined by the CCSS.
- Student education on the use of technology and the internet
- One to One technology for all students with Distance Learning
- Online Technology task force
- Technology/Library Specialist
- Google Classroom/Google Sites– learning platform schoolwide
To maintain a safe, clean, orderly campus.
- Maintain a drug free, safe campus
- Provide appropriate levels of supervision on playground and lunch area
- Maintain grounds and facility to reflect high standards
- Provide staff online safety training to ensure zero accidents for staff
- Staff training on disinfecting, and COVID-19 protocols
- Establish a list of priorities for future improvements:
- PE Storage facility
- Field and campus landscaping
- Water Issue-well
- Cement ramps on portables
- Repaint outside of buildings– 3-4 year project
- Asphalt bus area and staff parking lot
- Contribute to deferred maintenance for campus and classroom improvements.
To ensure fiscal solvency.
- To provide a balanced budget
- To educate all stakeholders in the Learning Continuity and Attendance Plan
- To spend the COVID-19, Learning Loss Mitigation Dollars, and CARES Act Dollars to support student and staff safety and distance learning.
- To maintain District Reserves—minimum of 17%