Welcome to North County Joint Union School District
Our District Vision:
Student Learning is our priority and purpose.
about picking up your schedule and school materials
Tips for setting up a learning space for your students
A Message from Mrs. Bernosky as of August 7, 2020:
School will begin with Distance Learning on Thursday, August 13th at 8:15 a.m. Attendance will be taken two times each day: at 8:15 a.m. and again during the math class. Please check back next week for the grade level schedules to be posted. All grade levels will have a Google Site with the daily schedules and Google Classroom information. This is where you will go to find the Google Meet links for online instruction.
On Tuesday, August 11th and Wednesday, August 12th we will have families come on campus to drop off school forms, and pick up materials for all students including ROAR students. Your student will receive a green bag with the AVID binder (1st-8th) , grade level schedule, materials for learning, textbooks for 6th-8th grade, and check out a chromebook if needed. Each student will need a reliable device with a camera and microphone for online learning. Your student will also pick up their teacher assignment for the year.
El Martes 11 de Agosto y el Miércoles 12 de Agosto tendremos un horario para entrega de formularios y recoger materiales para todos los estudiantes, incluyendo nuestros estudiantes en el programa ROAR.
When you are on campus, please be sure to wear a face covering, bring your own pen, and social distance at least 6 feet.
Tuesday, August 11th: Drop off/pick up times
- 9:00-11:00 a.m. Families with the last name starting with A-C.
- 11:00-1:00 p.m. Families with the last name starting with D-G
- 2:00-4:00 p.m. Families with the last name starting with H-L
Wednesday, August 12th: Drop off/pick up times
- 9:00-11:00 a.m. Families with the last name starting with M-O
- 11:00-1:00 p.m. Families with the last names starting with P-S
- 2:00-4:00 p.m. Families with the last names starting with T-Z
Cuando se encuentre en el campus, asegúrese de usar una mascarilla/cubre bocas, traiga su propio bolígrafo (pluma para firmar) y mantenga una distancia social de al menos 6 pies.
Martes 11 de Agosto: horario para entregar / recoger
- De 9:00 a 11:00 a.m. Familias con el apellido que comienza con las letras A-C.
- De 11:00 a 1:00 p.m. Familias con el apellido que comienza con las letras D-G
- De 2:00 a 4:00 p.m. Familias con el apellido que comienza con las letras H-L
Miércoles 12 de Agosto: horario para entregar / recoger
- De 9:00 a 11:00 a.m. Familias con el apellido que comienza con las letras M-O
- De 11:00 a 1:00 p.m. Familias con el apellido que comienza con las letras P-S
- De 2:00 a 4:00 p.m. Familias con el apellido que comienza con las letras T-Z
Summer Mailers to Fill Out & Return:
- Updated welcome letter as of July 24th
- July 20th parent welcome letter: English – Spanish
- 2020-2021 form checklist to be returned initialed and signed with necessary forms
- 2020-2021 Spring Grove Activity Calendar
- AVID Binder order form for 1st-8th graders
- Suggested Supply list
- Meal charge policy: English – Spanish
- Free and reduced lunch application: English – Spanish – Coming soon!
- Spring Grove Device Code of Conduct (all grades)
- Spring Grove Acceptable Use Policy (TK-2nd grade and new students)
- Device Loan Agreement (6th-8th): English – Spanish
- Device Opt Out (6th-8th): English – Spanish
If your child has a device that can be used at home and school, then you may opt out of this option
- Student/Parent Handbook
The First day of School is Thursday, August 13th
Important Upcoming Dates:
- July 27: Summer Mailers will be sent home.
- August 3: School Office Opens (Turn in registration forms and 7th grade Tdap)
Suggested School Supply List for 2020/21 and AVID Binder Order Form
All 1st-8th grade students will use the AVID Binder, which the District has pre-packaged. All parents need to do is pay for it online or in the school office. The binder will be ready in the child’s classroom on the first day of school.
2020-2021 Pre-K, TK, and Kindergarten Registration
Register your Pre-K, TK, and Kindergarten students beginning on February 3, 2020. Registration requirements and Pre-K and TK/Kindergarten registration forms are available on the Registration page.
California Distinguished School 2020
North County Joint Union School District (Spring Grove School) has been recognized (once again) as a California Distinguished School.
Spring Grove School's AVID Program
By teaching and reinforcing academic behaviors and higher-level thinking at a young age, AVID Elementary teachers create a ripple effect in later grades. Elementary students develop the academic habits they will need to be successful in middle school, high school, and college, in an age-appropriate and challenging way. Children learn about organization, study skills, communication, and self-advocacy. AVID Elementary students take structured notes and answer and ask high-level questions that go beyond routine answers. Find out more about Spring Grove’s AVID Program.
Spring Grove School's Orton-Gillingham Trained Teachers
Orton-Gillingham is a highly structured approach that breaks reading and spelling down into smaller skills involving letters and sounds, and then building on these skills over time. It also was the first approach to use multi-sensory teaching strategies to teach reading, which is considered extremely effective for teaching students with dyslexia. Find out more about Spring Grove’s Orton-Gillingham Program.