Welcome to Spring Grove School – Home of the Tigers!
Our Mission: Every Spring Grove student will receive an engaging, enriching, and rigorous educational experience using state standards-based curriculum and consistent measures of growth and support to ensure student success.
New: March-April Co-ed Volleyball & Running Club Schedules
Updated: SSC Meeting moved from March to April 20th
New: 2023-24 School Year Calendar
- COVID Protocols (English)
- COVID Protocols (Spanish) — Coming soon!
- Short Term Independent Study Contracts click here
- Requesting classwork when absent click here
New Student Information
- AVID Binder order form for 1st-8th graders
- Suggested Supply list
- Meal charge policy: English – Spanish
- Free and reduced lunch application: English/Spanish
- Spring Grove Device Code of Conduct (all grades)
- Spring Grove Acceptable Use Policy (TK-2nd grade and new students)
- Device Loan Agreement (6th-8th): English – Spanish
- Device Opt Out (6th-8th): English – Spanish
If your child has a device that can be used at home and school, then you may opt out of this option
- Student/Parent Handbook
Click here for information about the Tiger Time Expanded Learning Opportunity Program, including daily schedules.
Our students have read 3.5 million words. Let’s reach our goal of 6 million words by June 1st.
CAASPP (state) testing
Friday, March 31st-Monday, April 10th
School starts on Tuesday, April 11th
2023 8th Grade Graduation Dates, Info & Forms
As you know we are quickly approaching the end of the year, and we want to inform/remind you of some upcoming due dates and events. Please take a few moments to go through this packet, and return any forms by the indicated due dates.
2023-2024 School Year Registration
Registration begins on February 6, 2023 in the school office.
- Kindergarten—open to students who will turn 5 years old by September 1, 2023
- Transitional Kindergarten— open to students who will turn 5 years old by April 2, 2024 (Must be potty trained)
- Pre-K—open to students who will turn 4 years old by December 2, 2023 (Must be potty trained)
Spring Grove Community Food Pantry
- Free to everyone
- Open every Tuesday-Thursday from 8:30-9:30 a.m.
- Bring your own bag (2 bags per visit)
Aeries and Parent Square Registration
- Aeries will provide parents with updates on grades and attendance. Parents—be sure to sign up for Aeries. Check your email for more details.
- Parent Square will provide parents with emails/texts/phone calls with communication from Spring Grove School. Watch for more details.
- Join the 4th-8th grade band—Wednesdays from 7:15-8:00 a.m.
- Join the TK-8th grade choir—Tuesdays from 7:30-8:00 a.m.
Spring Grove School Robotics Team
- Wednesdays after school 3:00-4:00 p.m.
- Thursdays @ lunch
Join the Glorious Kindness Club!
You are invited to join the Spring Grove School Glorious Kindness Club. Our club will meet once a month after school. Our goal will be to spread LOVE and KINDNESS at SCHOOL, at HOME, and in our COMMUNITY… and WORLD!
- TK-3rd Grade meets from 2:15-3:00 p.m.
- 4th-8th Grade meets from 3:00-3:45 p.m.
Find out more:
The Spring Grove Library has lots of fun activities for students. The library includes:
- The Virtual Library
- SG Library
- Monthly Choice Board
Spring Grove Spirit Wear
Get your spirit wear before they’re gone! Please make checks available to Spring Grove PTO.
Return your order form to the PTO box in the front office.
i-Ready Reading and Math
Take the i-Ready Challenge for 1st-8th Grade Students
45 minutes of online math and reading lessons every week will help your child academically.
More i-Ready Information for Parents:
15 minutes a day on Footsteps 2 Brilliance will help your child to work towards being a reader!
Please log in to the website below on your computer, ipad, tablet, or cell phone. Your TK-3rd grade child has their super secret code to input.
The goal is for our Spring Grove Tigers to read 15,000,000 words by June 1st. Our students have currently read over 7,000,000 words.
If we reach the goal, Mrs. Bernosky will have a special surprise.
California Distinguished School 2020
North County Joint Union School District (Spring Grove School) has been recognized (once again!) as a California Distinguished School.
Suicide Prevention Awareness
If you or someone you know is suicidal, get help immediately via 911, the National Suicide Prevention Lifeline at 1-800-273-TALK or the Crisis Text Line (text “HOME” to 741741). Suicide is preventable. Youth who are contemplating suicide frequently give warning signs. Do not be afraid to ask about suicidal thoughts. Never take warning signs lightly or promise to keep them secret.
Click on the links below to find out about suicide risk factors, warning signs, what to do, and reminders for parents from the NASP (National Association of School Psychologists):
- Preventing Youth Suicide: Tips for Parents and Educators
- Prevención del suicidio juvenil: consejos para padres y educadores
For additional guidance, visit: https://www.nasponline.org/resources-and-publications/resources-and-podcasts/school-climate-safety-and-crisis/mental-health-resources/preventing-youth-suicide.
Signup for Spring Grove's online meal purchase service at MySchoolBucks.com
By teaching and reinforcing academic behaviors and higher-level thinking at a young age, AVID Elementary teachers create a ripple effect in later grades. Elementary students develop the academic habits they will need to be successful in middle school, high school, and college, in an age-appropriate and challenging way. Children learn about organization, study skills, communication, and self-advocacy. AVID Elementary students take structured notes and answer and ask high-level questions that go beyond routine answers. Find out more about Spring Grove’s AVID Program.
Orton-Gillingham Trained Teachers
Orton-Gillingham is a highly structured approach that breaks reading and spelling down into smaller skills involving letters and sounds, and then building on these skills over time. It also was the first approach to use multi-sensory teaching strategies to teach reading, which is considered extremely effective for teaching students with dyslexia. Find out more about Spring Grove’s Orton-Gillingham Program.
Migrant Education Program
Find migrant education information and resources on the Migrant Education webpage.
Special Education Resources
Find all the resources you need on Spring Grove’s Special Education webpage.